DANCING NEBULA

DANCING NEBULA
When the gods dance...

Friday, November 18, 2011

Report: NYPD cop pushes New York Supreme Court Judge into wall

Report: NYPD cop pushes New York Supreme Court Judge into wall

Democracy Now quotes New York Supreme Court Judge Karen Smith:

I was there to take down the names of people who were arrested… As I’m standing there, some African-American woman goes up to a police officer and says, ‘I need to get in. My daughter’s there. I want to know if she’s OK.’ And he said, ‘Move on, lady.’ And they kept pushing with their sticks, pushing back. And she was crying. And all of a sudden, out of nowhere, he throws her to the ground and starts hitting her in the head,” says Smith. “I walk over, and I say, ‘Look, cuff her if she’s done something, but you don’t need to do that.’ And he said, ‘Lady, do you want to get arrested?’ And I said, ‘Do you see my hat? I’m here as a legal observer.’ He said, ‘You want to get arrested?’ And he pushed me up against the wall.

This lawless police activity is something to be feared. We are citizens. We hire these people to protect us. We are the only ones, the 99%, who are able to stop this abuse. Many officers have become paid tools of the corporations and banks. Time to clean house.

No comments:

Post a Comment