Lulzsec teams up with Anonymous
After a brief spat where the notorious Anonymous hacking collective sniped at Lulzsec, the 'upstart' hacking collective, for crowing about low-rent Denial of Service attacks on the CIA and 4chan websites, the two groups have apparently teamed up.
A release from Lulzsec, which is reprinted below, announces Operation Antisec. This new operation asks people to hack government information and deface internet enemies with the word Antisec. The group also asks for support for several hacktivist websites.
The group says, "Top priority is to steal and leak any classified government information, including email spools and documentation. Prime targets are banks and other high-ranking establishments."
It remains to be seen how successful the forthcoming operation will be. However, even with advance warning, recent history suggests that there will be no shortage of targets with gaping security holes.
The Twitter hastag #antisec shows that the news is going globally viral.
ABC Technology and Games reminds people, organisations and companies to be vigilant while the apparent forthcoming attacks take place.
Anonymous representatives were being sought for confirmation of the collaboration.
The following is Lulzsec's press release, unedited:-
Salutations Lulz Lizards,
2. As we're aware, the government and whitehat security terrorists across the world continue to dominate and control our Internet ocean. Sitting pretty on cargo bays full of corrupt booty, they think it's acceptable to condition and enslave all vessels in sight. Our Lulz Lizard battle fleet is now declaring immediate and unremitting war on the freedom-snatching moderators of 2011.
4. Welcome to Operation Anti-Security (#AntiSec) - we encourage any vessel, large or small, to open fire on any government or agency that crosses their path. We fully endorse the flaunting of the word "AntiSec" on any government website defacement or physical graffiti art. We encourage you to spread the word of AntiSec far and wide, for it will be remembered. To increase efforts, we are now teaming up with the Anonymous collective and all affiliated battleships.
6. Whether you're sailing with us or against us, whether you hold past grudges or a burning desire to sink our lone ship, we invite you to join the rebellion. Together we can defend ourselves so that our privacy is not overrun by profiteering gluttons. Your hat can be white, gray or black, your skin and race are not important. If you're aware of the corruption, expose it now, in the name of Anti-Security.
8.Top priority is to steal and leak any classified government information, including email spools and documentation. Prime targets are banks and other high-ranking establishments. If they try to censor our progress, we will obliterate the censor with cannonfire anointed with lizard blood.
10. It's now or never. Come aboard, we're expecting you...
12. History begins today.
14. Lulz Security,
17. Support: http://www.mithral.com/~beberg/manifesto.html
18. Support: http://www.youtube.com/user/thejuicemedia
19. Support: http://wikileaks.ch/
20. Support: http://anonyops.com