DANCING NEBULA

DANCING NEBULA
When the gods dance...

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Help Save the Tello Family Home!


Causa Justa :: Just Cause  
2301 Mission Street, # 201 • SF 94110  | 3268 San Pablo Ave., W. Oakland 94608                       



 
 

 

 

SAVE THE TELLO FAMILY HOME. CALL FANNIE MAE TODAY!

 October 9, 2012
 

Dear Friends and Allies, 



This note comes from our close ally, People Organized to Win Employment Rights (POWER):

The fight against Wall Street and the foreclosure crisis has hit especially close to home for me and my family this year. On behalf of my family and POWER, I'm asking you to help us keep our home in the Bayview!



Fannie Mae served an eviction notice on my family for this Wednesday October 10th. As longtime community organizers who coordinated a special food donation program and helped lead campaigns for environmental justice in the Bayview neighborhood, my parents have made San Francisco a better city. I am also a youth organizer with POWER, leading our campaign for free Muni for youth.
 

Will you help us keep our home? Call Timothy J Mayopoulos, the CEO of Fannie Mae at 202-752-7000 and tell him to stop the eviction! (Script below)

My parents, Jesse and Juana Ines Tello, were targeted with a predatory loan from Aurora Loan Services.   A few years into this mortgage, their payments nearly doubled.  At the same time, my father was injured in a work accident and my family lost his income. 

Unable to make these payments, my  family did everything possible to renegotiate the loan with the bank.  The bank refused, and sold our house from under us to Fannie Mae.



Across the country people are joining together to stand up to the banks, stop foreclosures and win back our homes!  Your call can make a huge impact and show Fannie Mae the tremendous community support behind my family in our fight for justice.

La unidad hace la fuerza,


Juana Tello

Call Timothy J Mayopoulos, the CEO of Fannie Mae at 202-752-7000 today!

SAMPLE SCRIPT
Hi my name is _______________________ and I am calling in support of the Tello family at 1778 Newcomb Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94124.  I demand you stop the eviction of this family immediately and work with the family to stay in their home.  I demand that the CEO immediately call the SF county sheriff at 415-554-7225 and cancel the eviction scheduled for tomorrow, Wednesday, October 10th.   Will the CEO call the Sheriff?

P.S. In addition to your phone call, please donate $5 - $20 to help the Tello family cover the legal costs involved in the campaign to save their home! Click here  


No comments:

Post a Comment