DANCING NEBULA

DANCING NEBULA
When the gods dance...

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Mark Zuckerberg is only eating meat he kills with his own hands and/or knife

Facebook overlord Mark Zuckerberg. Photo: Antoine Antoniol/Bloomberg

Jesse Cool: Zuckerberg's butchery tutor. Photo: The Chronicle 2004

Just another reason that Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg might be living a better life than you: He has announced that he is eating healthier and only eating meat from animals that he kills himself.

He explains, to Forbes:

Every year in recent memory, I’ve taken on a personal challenge — something to learn about the world, expand my interests and teach myself greater discipline … This year, my personal challenge is around being thankful for the food I have to eat …  I’ve basically become a vegetarian since the only meat I’m eating is from animals I’ve killed myself.

To help out with personal mission, Zuckerberg has employed the resources of his Palo Alto neighbor, longtime chef Jesse Cool, to teach him how to kill animals. He’s already successfully taken the knife to a goat, chicken and pig. Not bad! Then he takes them to his friendly local butcher for cleaning up and proceeds to eat them in the comfort of his own billions.

What’s next for the Social Networker? He wants to go hunting and shoot some things. Can’t wait until he starts foraging!

· Mark Zuckerberg’s new challenge: Eating only what he kills [Forbes]

What will Mark do when he desires some steak? I think if modern consumers had to slaughter and dress their own meats most of us would become vegetarians.

No comments:

Post a Comment